PI is looking for a Designer/Stylist! | Updated 2011-09-12
Job Title: Designer/Stylist
Department: PI Creative - Art Department
Directly Reporting to: Creative Director
We are an international company that sells home decor product to the retail and hospitality market. A fast paced and service oriented company, we provide innovative products and solutions to major accounts, with a focus on fine art reproduction.
Assisting the Creative Director with art sourcing, trend and retail research related to our wall décor business, the ideal candidate is interested in and passionate about home décor. As a Designer/Stylist, you will be an important member of the team that will source artists and help develop designs for our wall décor lines.
• Great Aesthetic - need to have an innate sense of color and style learned through formal training and natural aesthetic skills. An awareness of the history of art and design as these can often serve as sources of inspiration for new work. Having business savvy in knowing or researching with regards to what designs will sell.
• Initiative - Outgoing self starter who can work autonomously and in a team environment with little direction. Must be resourceful and enjoy developing relationships with prospective artists. Show initiative and demonstrate creativity in generating ideas for future trends in fashion and home décor markets. Knowledge of the retail industry, pertinent trade shows and artist communities is an important asset.
• Communication - must have good communication skills, with the ability to interpret the artistic direction desired for a wall decor collection. Must be comfortable in communicating with artists the direction of a project. Translating trends into saleable product is an essential requirement of this position.
• Multi Tasking - needs excellent project management and organizational skills. The position requires attention to numerous projects that are being developed simultaneously.
• A valid driver’s license (and a car at his/her disposal)
• Source – find commercial artists who’s talent and aesthetic can be directed towards producing a final product for our wall décor lines and clients
• Research and Forecast - forecast home décor trends and translate results into meaningful and useful direction for our artists and designers. Aanticipate interior decorating trends, such as up-and-coming colors and patterns. The ideal candidate would be able to interpret these trends into saleable product for our market via idea boards and mockups.
• Travel – attend art shows and pertinent trade shows to source artists and ideas, this includes local and international travel. The candidate must own a car and be willing to travel.
• Min. 5 years experience in a design or stylist position within the Home Decor or Fashion industry.
• A graduate of a recognized design program preferably related to the Fashion or Interior design industries.
• Intermediate knowledge on MAC G5 using Adobe Creative Suite 3 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Express, In Design) would be preferred
Please send resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This is a full time position starting immediately. We will be closing applications Sept, 30th 2011.
New Catalog! | Updated 2010-11-29
The wait is over!
PI is proud to present our new comprehensive catalogs featuring trendy open edition images, as well as our fine art limited edition collection.
Special pricing is available. Please contact us for more information!
inquire to: email@example.com
POD | Updated 2010-02-25
PI Creative Art introduces the POD Collection
• Discover hundreds of customizable images at your fingertips. Modify the size, colour and proportion.
• Choose from a variety of different materials to print on - photography paper, fine art paper, canvas, metal and acrylic.